Don't Risk Fires Or Injury - Protect Cables Effortlessly
We all use cables to power just about any equipment in the warehouse or any facility where any type of work is involved. Many times, it's easier to quickly pull out the cable and hope that nobody trips or runs over the cables being used. However if you are using any type of cords, wires or cables on any surface where you expect foot traffic or vehicles to drive over... its probably a good idea to protect the cords and prevent a hazardous situation where OSHA may be involved.
Don't Protect Cables Like This:
The photo above just makes us laugh... because honestly is is kind of smart. It is a kind of innovative improvisation on protecting cables! (Hey! Someone took the time to think about work safety and created this by hand!). However, this is still a "quick fix" that probably won't last too long... especially if a forklift or any vehicle is to drive over the 2 x 4 piece of wood.
Reduce Risk of Fire with Proper Cable Protection
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) - "Electrical cords should not be run under carpets or rugs, as the wires can be damaged by foot traffic, then overheat and ignite the carper or rug over them."
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission - "Never cover any part of an extension cord with... rugs... while in use (and) never place an extension cord where it is likely to be damaged by heavy furniture or foot traffic."
- U.S. Fire Administration - "Many avoidable electric fires can be traced to misuse of electric cords, such as... running the cords under rugs or in high traffic areas."
Reduce Risk of Injury or Damage with Proper Cable Protection
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) estimates that each year, about 2,000 fractures, lacerations, contusions, or sprains are treated in hospital emergency rooms from people tripping over extension cords. (CPSC Document #16)
Cable Protection - The truly Safe and Easy Way
With the UltraTech Sidewinder, you can effortlessly protect your cables from foot traffic and vehicles effortlessly. The cool thing is that it comes in different colors, shapes and sizes based on the wires, cords or cables you're looking to cover.
The Ultra-Sidewinder Cable Protection System is an innovative solution for protecting any cord, wire or cable!
- The design allows for maneuvering in all directions; left and right, allowing the system to turn corners.
- Maintain full protection for the cables and trip protection for pedestrians and vehicles.
- Cables can be left in the system for the ultimate in portability, or left in place indefinitely.
- Modular design makes it easy to reconfigure, repair, and replace targeted segments, even while the cable remains connected.
- Fully customizable length.
- Black & yellow color provides additional "safety tape" type visual warning.
- Also available in all black, gray and brown to complement any floor (small size only)
Click here to learn more about the ultimate in cable and cord protection.
And now you know. Happy Wednesday!