The Ultra-Sidewinder Cable Protection System is an innovative new solution for protecting cables run across a floor. The new design articulates left and rightallowing the system to turn corners and adapt to the layout of the room, while maintaining full protection for the cables and trip protection for pedestrians. Cables can be left in the system for the ultimate in portability, or left in place indefinitely. There is no longer a compromise between safety and flexibility.
- Articulating pieces offer flexible design - curves, corners and s-curves are easily made while maintaining a completely flat profile.
- Modular design makes it easy to reconfigure, repair, and replace targeted segments, even while the cable remains connected.
- Simple"snap in" assembly - no tools or cutting required.
- Ramps Available for ADA compliance.
- Fully customizable length.
- UV Resistant - Can be used indoors or outdoors.
- Black yellow color provides additional"safety tape" type visual warning.
- Also available in all black, gray and brown to complement any floor (small size only)
National Fire Protection Association(NFPA) -"Electrical cords should not be run under carpets or rugs, as the wires can be damaged by foot traffic, then overheat and ignite the carper or rug over them."
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission-"Never cover any part of an extension cord with... rugs... while in use (and) never place an extension cord where it is likely to be damaged by heavy furniture or foot traffic."
U.S. Fire Administration-"Many avoidable electric fires can be traced to misuse of electric cords, such as... running the cords under rugs or in high traffic areas."
The Ultra-Sidewinder eliminates the fire hazard associated with electrical cords as its rigid structure keeps the cord from being impacted and maintains the integrity of the insulation that keeps the wires from shorting out
- THE RISK OF INJURY OR DAMAGE
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission- The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) estimates that each year, about 2,000 fractures, lacerations, contusions, or sprains are treated in hospital emergency rooms from people tripping over extension cords. (CPSC Document #16)
- Tripping on cords is due to three possible conditions. The Ultra-Sidewinder provides trip protection from these conditions:
- It protects from trips when you step on a round cord and it rolls under your foot. The rubber feet on the bottom keep it from sliding when stepped on.
- It protects you if you kick the cord. A cord that does not move when kicked creates a trip hazard. The Ultra-Sidewinder is designed to give when kicked to minimize the hazard.
- Cords can loop up and not sit flat on the floor. This creates an opening for ones foot to get hooked into and cause a trip or fall. The Ultra-Sidewinder covers the cords and eliminates this concern.