Oil EatinG Microbes 5238 Ultra-Microbes Shaker - 6 oz. Shaker
- Ultra-Microbes are housed in a bentonite clay powder that provides the slightly moist environment needed for them to live.
- Two sizes of shakers available for application on smaller spills or contained areas.
- Resealable/water-proof containers keep Microbes dry/dormant until they are needed.
Supercharging Mother Nature
Where do they come from?
Ultra-Microbes are a consortium of three different types of microbes that are cultivated from rugged environments such as undersea vents or sites where there is volcanic activity. They are then bred and naturally enhanced in sea water and ammonia using sweet Texas crude oil as their only food source. 100% Natural.
Ultra-Microbes will digest hydrocarbon molecules and break them down into harmless byproducts of carbon, carbon dioxide and lipids (a natural, soluble fatty material that is food for fish and plants).
What happens to them when they are Òdone??
After approximately ninety days or when the microbes have been deprived of water, oxygen, or a food source, the microbe colony will begin to naturally die off.
How are they shipped?
The Ultra-Microbes are shipped dormant in a bentonite-claybased carrier. When the carrier dissolves in water, the microbes become activated and water may become temporarily murky due to the infusion of the clay. This is to be expected.
What else do I need to know?
Ultra-Microbe products should be stored and applied between 40å¡F and 120å¡F. Temperatures outside that range may cause the Microbes to become ineffective. Ultra-Microbes should not be exposed to radiation. Ultra-Microbes should only be used in applications where the pH is between 5.5 and 9.5. MICROBES ARE NOT JUST FOR OIL SPILLS. HERE ARE SOME OTHER KNOWN APPLICATIONS:
- WWTP* Industrial (refineries, pulp mills, chemical
plants, steel mills, textile plants)
- WWTP Municipal (collection systems, food processing)
- Plumbing Maintenance sinks, grease traps
- Spill Control
- Septic Tanks
- Odor Control
- Bioremediation soil, water, stormwater
- Agriculture/Aquaculture eliminating ammonia, stormwater
- Oily Water oil/water separators, containment sumps,
- WWTP Waste Water Treatment Plant